The 2011 Santa Claus Christmas Celebration kicks off on the first weekend of December with holiday-themed family activities and events.
“We celebrate Christmas all year long, but the town goes all out during December,” says Melissa Wilkinson, executive director of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau. “With the lodging packages and special events going on each weekend, the Christmas Celebration is a great way to experience the season.”
This celebration full of family fun will be held on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays during the first three weekends of December. Holiday events and traditions throughout America’s Christmas Hometown include:
• Santa Claus Land of Lights: Family Christmas Light Adventure at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort
• Santa Claus Arts & Crafts Shows
• Santa’s Great Big LED Tree of Lights
• Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire at Santa’s Candy Castle
• Christmas Dinner with Santa at Santa’s Lodge
• Buffalo & Mistletoe at Buffalo Run Farm, Grill & Gifts
• America’s Christmas Hometown Pageant
• Rudolph’s Holiday Hustle, 5K Run/Walk
Special discount lodging packages are available throughout Santa Claus and Spencer County, Indiana. For more information about the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration or a schedule of events, call (888) 444-9252 or visit www.SantaClausInd.org/special-events. Also, find Santa Claus, Indiana, on the Visitor Bureau’s free app for iPhones and Androids by searching “Holiday World & More!” and on any mobile device at http://m.SantaClausInd.org.